Friday, June 23, 2017
Friday, March 31, 2017
The family fiesta is tonight (31st March) There are a large variety of fun things to do such as food, games, horsie housie, bottle o, mystery envelopes, & many other actives. such as horizontal bungee. Come along for a fun filled night from 5:00 to 7:30!
Friday, March 24, 2017
Term 1 Wk 8
-check all the way to the bottom of the page.
-Remember to also SMURF this please and put into your numeracy folder.
- Harlem has a savings account. He deposits money into the account monthly. In the past six months, Harlem has deposited $25.60, $37.50, $29.00, $45.75, $11.40 and $35.00.
a.) How much money has Harlem saved altogether? $174.25
b.) Harlem is saving up to buy a bike which costs $474.99. How much more money does he need to save? $300.74
2. Harlems brother Noah opens a savings account and deposits $15 per week for seven weeks. How much does he save altogether? $105
3. Harlems sister Cindy opens a savings account. She wants to save $300 in a year. She plans to save the same amount monthly. How much does she need to save each month?$25
4. During one six months period, Noah deposits $55 in his savings account each month and withdraws the following amounts: $140, $89 and $105.
a.) Does Noah have more or less money in his savings account at the end of the six month period than at the beginning? less
b.) How much more/less does he have? $4
- Find the sum of 246 and 107.
2. A book costs $15.70 and Jim gives a $20 note. How much change does Jim get back?
3. Tony read 48 pages of his book on Saturday and on Sunday he got to page 156. How many pages did he read on Sunday?108
4. Find the total of 236 and 184. 419
5. Sally went to the Warehouse and bought a T-Shirt which cost $35. She also bought a pair of shoes. The total of her purchase came to $65. How much were her shoes? $30
The Apple Orchard
Jessie and CLaire are picking apples at their grandparents orchard.
- Claire picks 7.3 kg of apples, and Jessie picks 5.9kg. How many more kilograms does CLaire pick than Jessie? 1.4kg
2. Claire and Jessie’s grandfather loads six boxes of apples into the truck. Each box contains 7.5kg of apples. What is the total weight of the apples in the truck?45.0kg
3. Claire and Jessies grandmother makes three bottles of apple sauce. One bottle contains 1.3 kg of sauce, one contains 2.2 kg and one contains 1.9 kg. How many kilograms of apple sauce is this altogether?